Saturday, 2 February 2013

Sticky sesame chicken OMG delicious (slimming world friendly)



Oh wow this is so fab so tasty you'll never want to waste syns on a  takeaway again. It is a bit time consuming but nothing major and the end result is sooo worth it believe me it is the best 3 syns you have ever spent!

I found this recipe watching a 'hungry girl' episode on TV (check out hungrygirl.com) but had to do a few little tweaks to make it slimming world friendly.If you love chinese takeaway food make this and serve as I did with some stir fry veg and noodles makes a wonderful Saturday night Chinese 'fakeway'.

Sticky sesame chicken

4 chicken breasts (cut into chunks)
salt and pepper
2 eggs (beaten)
2 tbsp plain flour

1/4 pt chicken stock
2 tbsp rice vinegar (or white wine vinegar if you can't get rice vinegar)
1 tbsp cornflour
2 tbsp sweetener (I use splenda )
1 tbsp tomato puree
1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 clove garlic (crushed)
1 tsp sesame seeds


Preheat oven to 375/190/gas 5

Line a couple of baking trays with non stick baking parchment/greaseproof paper

Place beaten eggs in a small bowl and next to that place a shallow bowl with the plain flour and season the flour with salt and pepper.

Dip each piece of chicken first into the  beaten egg and then into the flour and place each piece on a baking tray. (Takes a little while but put the radio on and day dream it doesnt take too long)

Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes then remove from the oven.

In a small pan place the stock, cornflour, vinegar, tomato puree, soy sauce, splenda and garlic mix well and whisk on a medium heat until sauce is thickened and smooth.

Put chicken into a bowl and then add the sauce,  mix very well so the sticky sauce coats the chicken then serve on top of rice or noodles and sprinkle each portion with 1/4 tsp sesame seeds.

Serves 4 and works out as  3 syns each  portion.








39 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this recipe! I'm so going to try it this coming week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this for tea today and it was really nice, will definitely make again. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you enjoyed it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your lovely recipies. i love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog, this recipe was delicious and really does feel like a takeaway ! Looking forward to trying more of your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Charlotte , So happy you loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was delicious .... I added a few chilli flakes as I like spicy food. I was sorry when it was all gone!
    Will definitely make again!
    Thanks for the recipe 😃

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fabulous blog = thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where can i get the rice wine vinegar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I picked mine up in ASDA it was called rice vinegar there. Thanks xx

      Delete
  11. I picked it up from asda and made it just now and ate half of it, it was amazing defo be doing it again x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so happy you liked it Rosie I'm going to make it again myself this week Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't find rice wine vinegar. Tried asda, tesco etc. Can it be made without or is there an alternative?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't find rice wine vinegar. Tried asda, tesco etc. Can it be made without or is there an alternative?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've not tried it myself but I think you could probably use white balsamic vinegar which is in Lidl for less than £1 sorry you couldnt find it in ASDA when I got mine it was by the spices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They had others, but not that one :( might try morrissons. Maybe find it there. If not will try balsamic.
      Also which chicken stock do you use?

      Delete
    2. I tend to buy big tubs of chicken stock powder from Chinese supermarkets as they last for ages but any chicken stock will do.

      Delete
    3. Rice wine vinegar is in the world foods aisle at morrisons

      Delete
  16. Do you think i could double the amount of sauce ingredients to make it saucer with spoiling it ?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you �� xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am cooking this tonight and realised that I have rice wine instead of rice wine vinegar ... any ideas if this is ok?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Becky, To be honest I'm not sure hope it all worked out ok for you Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to a Chinese supermarket and got the rice wine vinegar which is clear compared to the dark red colour of the rice wine, so think I did the right thing. The recipe was lovely thanks so much! I might add some fresh ginger and onions next time as well. I did with summer rolls, SW egg friend rice and singapore noodles went down a treat.

      Thanks so much again! x

      Delete
  20. Delish! didn't look all golden like the pictures (better after an extra 6 mins with the oven turned up to 200) but tasted lovely. Very soft and tasty. Will definitely be making it again although it did create a mountain of washing up.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Making this for the second time tonight at the request (well, more like begging on her hands and knees) of my 11 year old!! A wee bit faffy but well worth the effort - thanks for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww its popular with my kids too , So happy you like it Xx

      Delete
  22. I made this last night served on a bed of rice and it was absolutely delicious! It was a bit of a mess doing the dipping and rolling of the chicken but it was so worth it! This is definitely a recipe I am keeping! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you enjoyed it I know its a pain to make but its so good :)

      Delete
  23. Just made this for my family, and wow!! It was beautiful, empty plates all round, we had it with basmati rice, will be making this again very soon x

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi, I want to make this but just for myself using 1 chicken breast. Would I need to keep the rest of the recepie the same?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can just use one egg and one tbsp flour for the chicken but you should use the same ingredients for the sauce, Hope that helps :)

      Delete