Saturday, 27 June 2015

Cola BBQ sauce (slimming world friendly)

I made this BBQ sauce the other day after thinking about the diet coke chicken I make and how it makes a thick sauce but could be good as a separate sauce.  I thought would need more tomato in it and so played about with the recipe a bit and came up with this.

 I used pepsi max as I prefer it to diet coke. I know it sounds like it would be expensive but I get worcestershire  sauce in home bargains and balsamic in Lidl where its about £1 a bottle. You can use the red, rose or white one the taste is the same don't use expensive balsamic vinegar of modena though it would be a waste.

It's easy to make just put everything in a saucepan and simmer until it's thick. I keep it in the fridge and it stores very well keeps for at least a month but it usually doesn't last that long!


Cola BBQ sauce


500g passata
2 floz worcestershire sauce
2 floz balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp dry mustard powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 can diet pepsi or coke as you prefer.

Put everything in a saucepan and mix very well, Bring to a boil then simmer until tomato sauce consistency.

Syn free




13 comments:

  1. Hi, what pepper did you use? ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI,

      I used white pepper but you can use any really. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long will sauce last once made, please & thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeps at least a month in the fridge :)

      Delete
  4. How many servings is this? Will it feed a family of 4?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Samantha,

    Yes you can use this for the Hunters Chicken and it will definitely serve four xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can this be put in a slow cooker with a piece of pork to make pulled pork?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is my pulled pork recipe ... http://vicki-kitchen.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=pulled+pork

      Delete
  7. This is really delicious, I used fresh garlic finely chopped instead of garlic powder and I put in a scotch bonnet chilli finely chopped. Wonderful. Thank you

    ReplyDelete